WHY? Frequency WORKS!
Frequency is essential in the success of any advertising campaign because, as consumers, we know that the more times we hear or see something, the more likely we are to remember it. On average, a consumer needs to see an ad 6 times before making a purchase, so you must stay in front of them and often!
People tend to have an initial emotional connection when they see an ad one or two times, a more reasoned or cognitive response when they’ve seen it 3 to 10 times, and then a deeper emotional connection after more than 10 viewings, particularly if the creative is good. (Study by Delta Modeling Group & BDJ Solutions).
Tips on Frequency Advertising Campaigns:
- Keep a monthly campaign going all year round (integrate and rotate multiple channels).
- Create a monthly or quarterly newsletter and deliver it by email and direct mail.
- Rotate offers, design, subject lines and preview text to keep your ads fresh.
- Create a contest or customer loyalty program to get people excited about your business.
- Resend ads to the audience who didn’t respond and reach responders with something new.
- Reinvigorate lapsed customers and reach new potential customers as often as weekly with personalized messaging.
Frequency campaigns that work:
The frequency advertising program that works best is the one that is customized for your business with your goals in mind. Campaign examples:
- Integrate email and direct mail campaigns including your house list, website visitors list, and our prospecting list two to three times per month.
- Retarget people who respond to your email ad with display ads and direct mail every month.
- Reach a targeted prospect list with all types of ads where they consume content the most online. Use email, display, social media and direct mail frequently to stay in front of the audience so when they are ready to buy they think of you!
- Deliver a newsletter (email and/or direct mail) to your current and lapsed customers biweekly or monthly to keep them up to date on your products, services, events and offers and keep you top-of-mind.
Contact MMi today [email@example.com] to have a custom plan put together for your business.